in primary yesterday they were talking about the scriptures and how we should hold fast to them. trenton was asked what it means to 'hold fast' his reply, "to hang on tight before someone else takes it."
there is a picture of steve that looks so much like easton...it's scary. in fact, i convinced all of my kids that it was, including easton.
i have been playing super mario bros. way too much lately. we have two remotes and i make the kids take turns with one, while i keep mine as we play. all in the name of advancing. my kids don't mind. and i'm teaching them a very valuable lesson. when you grow up...you don't have to take turns. i'm a little embarrassed to admit how much i scream when we play. the kids think it's funny and we all get pretty worked up when we die at the castle for the gazillionth time. whatevs.
i laughed pretty hard at one of rachael's 700 posts when she was talking about us taking pictures of the sea lions playing in the waves. i was expecting to see a picture of, well you know...sea lions playing in the waves. so when i scrolled down and saw the specs she called heads, i LOLed. i understand her proudness, she did birth them afterall. i wanted so badly to post a picture in the comment section, but since i couldn't, i figured i would post one here instead.
so just to clarify, i don't think my pic is the shiz or anything...but it caught at least a fraction of what we saw. and i am not knocking rachael's skills as a photographer...AT ALL. i was just expecting to see something a little different. it was the coolest thing to see them playing and surfing like that.
i am a changed woman. i laughed at pain. this is the complete opposite of how i used to be. i guess it was just a matter of time, before these freakin' landoni's changed me. i get it now. last night i was in the kitchen and heard steve cry out in agony, followed by a united frenzy of laughter from the little landoni's. i rushed back to our bedroom to find out steve had rolled his ankle and was now rolling back and forth on our bed moaning and yelling at the kids to get out. i'm pretty sure they didn't hear...they were too busy pointing and laughing. i looked back at steve and as i saw his butt in the air, wagging from side to side as he made noises that can only be compared to a baby rhino crying for it's mothers...i got it. in that moment i changed. the uncontrollable laughter filled my belly, and i believe i will never be the same.
"LA-HOOOOOOO!!!!!"


7 comments:
Dude, I just laughed so hard I think I pulled a muscle. Mental picture of Steve!! ROFL!!!
Oh my gosh, you rock. I think your description of Steve has now become my most favorite moment and I wasn't even there. I would have peed myself for sure.
Your version of the seal frolicking in the waves made me laugh. A lot. Classic.
Spencer totally thought that was Easton as well. I think Steve looks a lot like Uncle Brian. Ahhh.
So, I loved your random post, just as much as I love Rachael's. It's like a telephone conversation with you guys, only in text, on the puter, with pictures. Kinda not like a tellie call at all.
I think I may have found something you'd like for curtains. Maybe. You should stop by and see them. They kinda rock.
I love that your a true Landoni now, can't wait til someone gets hurt next time we're all together!
You guys scare me. I guess laughing is one way to deal with someone else's pain. Seriously. ;)
That is one fly picture of a sea lion. At least I can tell it's a sea lion and not a seal, right? ;)
"Hold fast" definition given only as a true child with siblings can give. I know, I had five older brothers. Hold fast, sister, hold fast.
My girls would be jealous of you playing Mario Bros. with your kids. They always want me to play, but suddenly I suck at video games since becoming a mom and I'm a sore loser. Maybe I never was that good of a player, but I like to blame multiple things on becoming a mom. You should totally play with Jen. She rocks that castle at the end.
Shut up, Shayla (I mean that most endearingly). Seal/Sealion/aquatic animal, whatev's.
Awesome, Amy! I love that you just told me to shut up. I'm glowing with that sisterly love right now. Now someone needs to just kick me in the face and you all can laugh at me and I'll totally be "in". ;) And, BTW, Amy, I wasn't making fun of your seal comment, I honestly couldn't tell if it was a seal or sea lion in Rach's pics, but Lisa's pic cleared it up for me. So, I guess I was making fun of Rachael? ;) So, shut up still applies. Love you guys!
That was a vacation picture at the beach of Steven...how funny! I think Amy was having a near heart attack when Jason was tossing Carson like that...I know I held my breath a time or two! Great photos you girls with great cameras...pay backs are heck...I remember yelling at my kids for laughing at me when I was in intense pain on more than one occasion...what goes around comes around they say:) It must have been in the landoni genetic pool....danged Italians! Ya know they say you become like those you hang around...Leese, you don't stand a chance!:)
Ok, on my blog, my point was that my pictures were stupid. This whole big ocean, and this tiny head. So shove it. And shove your picture too. I loved your post, and I too would pay massive amounts of money to have seen steve rolling around on the floor
Post a Comment