There's an ewok in my shower
it's been there for a while
every time I see it
I can not help but smile.
I think of how it got there
how it's not been put away
because of what it represents
I'm content to let him stay.
It signifies this stage of life
where my kids still play with toys
a wild imagination
from my daughter and three boys.
As the rain comes pouring down
another chapter begins
an exciting watery adventure
for that ewok and his friends.
A world that's still so simple
and worries still care free
I wish for them to remember
this is how it used to be.
I know these moments come and go
too fast it seems unfair
so that ewok in my shower
for now, can still live there.
Coming soon....
There's a batman on my counter
and....
There's some nerf darts on my table
....okay, but not for reals.




8 comments:
LISA!!!!! That was freakin' adorable. Makes me want an Ewok in my shower! I've had many batmans on my counter, by never an ewok in my shower. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your post/poem!
How do we post after that? That was so perfect! I loved everything about it! I sound like I have perma-grin while I type this! Seriously, good job...
LOVED that poem, Lisa! Made my day.
Awesome + Awesome = Awesomer
you are the coolest :)
You put my lame poems to shame. You are a rhyming fool! Seriously, I LOVED this. So adorable.
I just read this to Kent, I really do love it, and I really love your coming up next stuff too...I hate you
wv:derdul
derdul, even I know that
That is sooo derdul
maybe we need to start using that word.
Think about it.
lisa lisa (and not the one associated with the cult jam)!!!
missed you last night.
cute poem.
i always wanted my very own ewok growing up. do you remember the ewok show? those were the days...
just had to say, i've no ewok nor batman to contend with for prime real estate on the surfaces of my home. however, i DO have nerf dart we're suffering from....and a case of the transformers EVERYWHERE!!! (i think that's a hubby AND daisy thing, though. lol.)
are you coming out to join us friday?
Post a Comment