The photo challenge was the second picture in November...this was mine. The only thing is this was actually taken in December, I don't know why it was stored in November, but I wasn't going to change it on a technicality...it was just too cute not to post.
My sister in laws and I put on a Christmas party for the kids at Rachaels house. We try to do something every year to kick off the festivities. This little tradition has evolved over the years, and this years was the best. There was good food, the kids played games, and the adults visited. The kids played bingo...and won a prize. They played musical "pictures" (all drawn by my wonderfully talented daughter, Graycie)...and won a prize, then Amy read a story for "Pass the Present."
Prior to this party, Amy, Rachael, and myself spent some time shopping for the perfect prizes and the perfect gifts for the games. I think we did an amazing job...except for one gift. The hot cocoa gift set. We all LOVED the gifts and talked about how we hoped each family ended up with a musical snow globe...they were adorable. The mug set, however, we all talked about how we'd be okay if our kid didn't end up with it, to put it politely. I'm laughing now thinking about us talking about this.
So pass the present begins...and ends, with Trenton ending up with the mug set. I was slightly disappointed because I knew he had ended up with it before he even opened it. But then something amazing happened...he opened it. The look on that kids face, pure JOY. He was more excited about HIS gift than any other kid...I'm sure of it. Probably because it was perfectly suited for him, he LOVES hot chocolate. I don't know what I was worried about, but that moment topped the evening for me. And the evening was AMAZING, so that's saying A.LOT.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
2nd pic in Nov...sort of
Posted by Lisa at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You guys are so fun! Can I be a sister in your family?! I'd be excited about hot chocolate, too, if that's the way it was always made (with a huge dollop of whip cream!). Cute, cute pic.
Amy and I were just talking about posting about this superb party this morning! Nice job, now I can just post a few pics and say a couple little things, and then refer everyone to your blog!! It was so funny that the present we all thought was the lamest, was the most loved gift of all. Shows what we know...
That sounds very fun. What a great idea!
You girls did a great job with the party...and yes it was fun to see how excited Noodle was when he opened his gift....and then there was Birdie....the M&M candy dispenser..and the snow globe! Ahhh...you can't beat the expressions of truth on a childs face:)
Post a Comment