In the van on the way to Walmart to get a last minute gift for Spencer. That's how we roll. Just so you know, if my child comes to your child's birthday party, best believe that the present was bought 30 minutes prior to the party and put together in the car on the way over. Don't believe me? Just look on the van floor, tissue paper and Walmart bags galore. Anyway, I had Easton come "help" me pick out a gift. Turns out he's not the best helper. Oh, he gave me PLENTY of ideas for his birthday, but not really any useful one's for Spencers. So he starts a conversation with me and this is how it went:
Him: Mom, I have a question for you...and I want you to tell me the truth.
Me: (very intrigued) Yes?
Him: Is the Easter bunny REALLY real?
Me: Well what do you think?
Him: I know that Santa Clause is real, and I KNOW that you're the tooth fairy, but I'm not really sure about the Easter bunny.
Me: Would you be sad if the Easter bunny weren't real?
Him: (after a moment of serious contemplation) Well, maybe Heavenly Father doesn't want me to know if you really know.
Me: Okay.
I had to laugh to myself because he is on the verge of knowing the truth but you can tell he would rather not know quite yet in hopes of keeping the magic alive...just a little bit longer.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Treasured Conversation...take two
Posted by Lisa at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
All my boys (including 11-year old Davis) completely believe in them all. I love your conversation with him. He's just so cute!
Post a Comment