Friday, May 16, 2008

Dear EASTON...


Dear Easton, (a.k.a. Bug, Ichiro, Chubba, Eastonian, E)

First off...I Love You!!! Simply and completely.

Friend.
I have never know a more compassionate boy. You genuinely care about others and I have always been impressed with that. You would share anything you had no matter if it was your last cookie or piece of candy, just to make your friend happy. Selfless. You love to trade Pokemon cards. I think more so for the social aspect of it. You would trade a card not necessarily to get a card you want, but to give someone else the card that they want. Thoughtful. You don't put circumstances on your friendships and you never hesitate when one of your friends asks something of you. You stick up for your friends with no fear. Impressive. I am amazed that you grasp the concept of friendship in its entirety. No one would make a better friend than you!

Brother.
Oh, what can I say...you are most definitely a brother. A brother much like your father was/is. You fight with Graycie and Trenton, and laugh when Tyson is doing something naughty. Typical. You've pretty much got the bases covered in terms of basic textbook brothering. You don't like when your siblings mess with your stuff or sometimes even look at you. According to my research this is all within the realm of normalcy as far as brothers are concerned. To this I am thankful or better yet, relieved. But all that aside, you play with your siblings. And it is in these moments I am happiest as your Mother. Your brothers and sisters admire you! Worthy. Graycie wants to do things, just because you do. You are paving the way for them and for this your path is more difficult because it's not yet been traveled. Courageous. I know you were first for a reason, and I know you are capable of dealing with the responsibilities that comes with being the oldest.

Boy.
You love doing all the things boys do. You live for the summertime. If school no longer existed this would be just fine by you. You love your dogs and have a special bond with Jett. Loyal. You have a passion for fishing and proved to be extremely talented. At Rainbow Lake, while everyone else was waiting for a nibble, you were reeling in fish after fish. You cast by yourself and improved tremendously since our last trip. Patient. Hunting is another passion of yours. Although I may have to drag your booty out of bed for school, if you know you're going hunting, you are awake even before Dad. Unbelievable. You love to be out there with Dad and Grandpa Lando. You are lucky to have that, Easton. You love to hear stories and pay attention with great detail. You ask questions about your relatives that have already passed on, but not just ask...you care. Amazing. You have played baseball now for four years. And with each year comes great improvement. Dad has been coaching you for the last two years and I know there is nothing he would rather do. He gets to share his passion with you. I see how much you want to please him, but please know that no matter what you do on the field, it is the time that you spend with him that pleases him most...not the hits. Blessed. Riding your motorcycle at Grandma Lando's house has been a highlight of your days. You are quite skilled in your maneuvers and have expressed wanting to race. Daring. When you grow up you want to be on the Deadliest Catch or in the air force. Fearless. You are such a wonderful grandson, not only to all of your Grandparents, but to your Great-Grandparents too. You have developed amazing relationships with them and have placed a tremendous amount of importance on the ties you've created. Respectful. You are a well rounded boy with many interests and talents. You know how to have fun and you have the best laugh. Your passion for life will serve you well. Don't ever stop believing and dream Big!!!

Son.
My life was never more important until the day you were born. May 16th, 2000. At 3 1/2 weeks early you made your grand appearance at 6lbs. 1oz. You were so tiny. Your tininess quickly turned to not-so-tininess. Your personality grew quicker than you did though. You were talking very early and socialized with anyone who'd pay you any kind of attention. Ham. You smiled all the time! You were the easiest kid and went everywhere with Dad and I. Even if it meant staying out 'til midnight. You never cried or complained. Trooper. Things have changed somewhat since then, and you now have a complaint or two under your belt. My favorite is when you tell me or Dad that you are not our slave. I have to laugh at some of the things you argue with us about. Partly because you are trying to argue fact, but partly because you remind me of me. Stubborn. You ask me questions all the time. I love that as you've gotten older we can talk now. You listen with great intent. I cherish the moments when you and I can conversate uninterrupted. You make me laugh all the time. You teach me how to be a kid again. Priceless. I can't believe that you are already 8!!!
To me, you were born just yesterday. I remember people telling me how fast the time goes, and I can't believe that they were right. I miss holding you and rocking you to sleep. But I look forward to the relationship we will continue to build. Hopeful. I am so glad that I get to be your Mom. I could go on and on forever, but I can't possibly tell you in words exactly how much I love you...because Webster won't allow.

Happy Birthday!!!!
Love,
Mom.

9 comments:

tharker said...

This was the sweetest letter Lisa. I really hope that one day Easton will have this.

I love Easton. One of my favorite memories of him was sitting out in the hall during Sharing Time a couple of years ago. He didn't want to be in there, so I told him to come hang out with me and help me with some Primary stuff. We had the sweetest little conversation. I was so impressed with his knowledge, and his willingness to help. He kept asking me what else he could do to help me. Love that kid!

Happy Birthday Easton!

Ms. Kristen said...

I LOVE EASTON!!! SO priceless, Lisa!

Rachael said...

good job, Lis...you are an amazing mom

AOlson said...

This was very sweet Lisa. Thanks for sharing it with us all. He really is a great kid. I enjoyed being his primary teacher.

Kate said...

aww, that was beautiful!Thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday Easton!

DeAnne said...

I truly am speechless

Alicia Leppert said...

You are so amazing at expressing yourself. This was so beautiful, so well-written. It totally needs to be on a scrapbook page. Me and you need to jump on the digital train! Woo woo! Happy Birthday Easton!

meohmyers said...

Woo woo! HA! That was funny, Alicia.

Lisa, this was seriously a beautiful letter! Easton is such a cutie. Hope he had a great birthday!

Susan said...

sweetest mother tribute ever. he is a cutie.