Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blessed I am...

On Mother's day my oldest son brought me breakfast in bed. A fine plate of Eggo waffles toasted to a golden brown, with the perfect amount of syrup drizzled on top. This was done on his own accord, and took no coaxing from anyone. Later he writes me notes telling me that I am a super-mom and that he loves me!!! (Blessed I am.)

After a long day and a hectic night time routine, I make the rounds tucking each child into bed. Still feeling overwhelmed, just ready to veg, I make my last stop to Graycie's room, give her a quick kiss and hug and jet for the door. Mid step she stops me and says, "Mom, you're the best!!!" Stunned I turn back around give her a huge hug and tell her, "No, you're the best!!! (Blessed I am.)

On any given day you will find me frustrated, tired, annoyed, angry, unmotivated, aggravated, crazed, along with countless other negative emotions. But...on any of those given days, regardless of what the day has laid out for me, I will tell you with not a shimmer of hesitation, Blessed I am.

5 comments:

PRP said...

That is incredibly sweet, and I second everything you said.

Alicia Leppert said...

Blessed you certainly are, and awesome you are. I love how you can always find the silver lining.

AOlson said...

This was a really great post Lisa. I think many of us can relate. YOu really do have a GREAT family. BLESSED you ARE.

MadMadameMim said...

I love how much one small little thank you means from a young child, especially your own young child. I love when kids really start picking up on Mother's Day!

tharker said...

Kids definitely have a way of helping us see just how blessed we really are.

Loved this.