Sunday, May 11, 2008

To my Mom

She's smart and amazing
Mom is her name
she never missed
not one volleyball game.
She's short and petite
with incredible flare
not do to wardrobe
but unbelievable hair.
She's silly and quirky
which now I'm the same
like warming mascara
to my Mother I blame.
Or when grocery shopping
the best box to find
who wants one dented
when perfection's behind?
A googilian questions
I ask her while cooking
always so patient
at least when I'm looking.
She works hard to serve
and give to another
she's a Grandma, a wife
a friend, she's my Mother.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

5 comments:

tharker said...

Both of these poems are amazing Lisa!

Happy Mother's Day!

Alicia Leppert said...

You are so awesome. I'm loving the poems. I used to do them all the time on my blog but haven't recently. You've made me want to do one. You are lucky to have two amazing moms, especially such a fantastic MIL.
P.S. I totally laughed at the "perfect box" part because that is soooo my husband. He's obsessive about not buying anything with the slightest dent, and NEVER EVER buying the one in the front. Heaven forbid.

meohmyers said...

Wow! How clever! Great job on both poems! So talented!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day today!

Jess said...

I've seen this picture before, and I love it. Happy belated Mom's Day!!!

Ms. Kristen said...

I love your mom too! And your mother n law. I was lucky enough to be your mom's visiting teacher...she is an amazing women! What I am most impressed about is your wordage! You need to start rappin' dude!
Make sure Trenton doesn't spread any crazy rumors!