I apologize in advance for I am not usually negative or too complainy...well, except to you Rachael, but whatevs. So I've noticed that a lot of fellow bloggers use their blog as a platform to vent, so today...that's exactly what I'm going to do.
First off, I'm tired. I don't really feel much explanation is needed beyond this simple fact; I have FOUR kids. Dude, that's like alot.
Second, baseball season is off to a swingin start. A-woo-hoo. (sarcasm) Steve being the amazing father he is, coaches Eastons little league team. He does an amazing job, and I couldn't be prouder of him. Okay, now back to me. See Steve coaching leaves me in the bleachers by myself for ALL the games. Wait, what am I saying, bleachers? What are those? I would give anything to be complaining about bleacher butt. Fat chance, I'm back and forth between Trenton and Tyson, and Tyson and Trenton. Graycie does great, but the boys? There are no words. Perfect example: Monday I had Tyson locked down in his stroller and Trenton bundled up next to me. It was pretty freaking cold and Trenton wanted to go to the van. Mind you, Saturday I begged him to sit in the van with me, but instead he decides to run onto the field. The other parents found humor in this, me...not so freaking much. So I tell Trenton we are not going to the van and that I wanted to watch Easton bat. Trenton hops down and headed over to where Graycie was playing. Easton's up so I watch Easton, then watch Trenton. Trenton is now heading towards the parking lot to our van. I look back at Easton. "Hurry up and pitch the bloomin ball!!!" Back to Trenton. "Dang it!!! Too far." I get up and run after him. Just as I'm running I hear the crack of the ball hitting the bat and the crowd going wild (we have quite the crowd of enthusiastic parents.) I grab Trenton drag him back to the game and now Tyson is squirming for dear life to be free from his restraints. I take both kids to the van and lock the doors. Not two seconds after we get in the van Trenton spouts out, "I have to go to the bathroom."
Third, its about that time. So every little thing becomes magnified by my surging hormones. Most of you can relate...to those of you who can't...I hate you. (Sorry, that was the hormones talking.) I don't know if anyone elses kids make annoying noises. But mine do this thing that I can't even begin to describe in words. But I'll try...It's like they will be playing and out of nowhere will become possessed by a current of energy or something that can only be released by the most piercing scream sure to make your ears bleed. I don't know why, but there is something about this certain scream that sends a rush of anger through my entire body. Let me tell you it is all I can do to hold it all in. It's physically exhausting...hey, there's another reason I'm tired.
Fourth and final, I have to go grocery shopping. (stolen from my favorite line of this blog.)
Thanks for the session.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Blah!!!
Posted by Lisa at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
A little gripe session is healthy.
I think my favorite line from this post was "dude, that's like a lot." Even though you are tired and feeling the need to vent, I appreciate that you can make it humorous for the rest of us. I'm just kidding!
My boys make that same horrible screaching noise that makes me want to glue my ears shut. It is awful! And yes, add those hormones in, and every single thing that my children do becomes the most irritating thing on the face of the planet.
"If there's one thing I hate...oh the noise, noise, noise, noise!"
-The Grinch
I so felt that way all day today. Spencer SANG about everything, a Wal-mart bag, needing help with his puzzle, and right now as I type this, about fishing while he's playing with the strings of the blinds, which he is NOT suppose to do.
I finally yelled, "STOP SINGING!" He paused, looked at me, and kept going.
I need earplugs.
Now my life is complete. I get to hear and read your complaints. This was super funny. I'm just glad it's you and not me. And I think we all know, yours is not the only home with loud annoying noises.(otherwise known as our children's voices)
Go on girl and vent away. That's what blogs are for. (Or maybe just mine.) Sorry you're having a hormonal time, but don't hate me just because I haven't had a period in almost five years. Dude, that's like, a long time. (Hey, no guys read your blog, right?) Sounds like you need a trip to McDonald's for some serious gossiping.
One of my favorite blog functions, the vent board! I loved this post. Mostly because it is funny to hear how similar little kids are. I totally relate to the anger coursing through your body at the out of control energy scream. So sorry your having a hard time but hey, that is what we are here for, to make eachother feel better. Just remember when the hormones subside you will be thinking clearly again.
Hattie has a noise too. But she likes to make it while we are in the car. It gives me an instant headache.....ooh I hate it. I usually just turn the radio up really loud. That'll teach her.
sista, im with you there. Not t-ball, its chase ball. Jack is all over the place! I havent tried the van thing tho, that might work.
Post a Comment