Rachael had told me about these "magic beans" that grow amazing and wonderful things. I thought this would make a great Easter Eve activity, so I searched high and low to find somewhere to buy these elusive "magic beans." It wasn't until Steve and I were out getting a few last minute Easter items that we stumbled upon a merchant who happened to be selling them! There were four in a bag and for only $5.00!!! I was elated!
They were all very excited and had a ton of fun contemplating what could possibly grow overnight. The general consensus was a special kind of Easter flower. What actually grew was.................shocking................
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
It was priceless having the kids come running into our room the next morning shouting, "lollipops grew....lollipops grew!!!"
Easton and Graycie's wheels were sure spinning. They did a little investigating and found the seed was still in the pot! Easton said to me, "Mom, did you put those lollipops there? The bean was still in there and it's weird that there were no roots." After a long pause on my part he continues, "Well maybe it magically opened up and then the lollipop came out and then it closed back up again." The conversation was left at that. This kid loves to believe...and I love that he loves to believe. Graycie just said, "It's kinda weird that the bean is still there." and that was that.
Regardless of if those magic beans were in fact magical or not didn't matter at all. Every one of the kids asked if we could do this again next year. This marks a ginormous success in my book, and so...a new tradition is born.



8 comments:
Love it!!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW-SOME!!!!!!!
Oh that is fun!
I didn't know that you did that! I am definitely going to add that to our festivities next year. Super, super cute!
P.S. I just got done transferring the pictures onto the mac. There may be a post soon, maybe.
I love this, Lisa! What a fun thing to do with the kids...and so easy, too.
Magic Beans! For only 5 dollars!!!! I'll have to go to your dealer next time i need to score!
...that's what she said
I am so happy you did this, and so sad that I didn't. Nice to know something good came from my well spent time looking at blogs...
Post a Comment