Monday, December 15, 2008

My ugly Chirstmas tree...

(My ugly tree.)
Pretty much, I hate it. It's fake and undecorated. I decided to use my fake tree this year because I wanted to buy this set of ornaments at Costco that Rachael got. It would have been about the same price as buying a real tree. So I thought, I will buy ornaments this year, put them on my fake tree and then put them on a real tree next year. Good enough plan, right? Wrong. So I get my fake tree up and head to Costco the first chance I get to purchase the ornaments I had fallen in love with, (and yes, I LOVE these ornaments...and no, this does not mean I LOVE my family any less, seriously...see this post.) Only problem...they're sold out. Imagine my disappointment as I stood there in the middle of the aisle at Costco thinking...my fake tree is SOOOO ugly. (stomp stomp.) These ornaments were my only hope. That hope is now shattered and I am stuck with a fake, ugly, undecorated tree. *Sigh* What am I going to do about it, you ask? Absolutely nothing. So if you happen to come to my house for some random reason, please, for the love of Paul...don't state the obvious.
(Rachael's stupid tree.)
We rearranged our house recently and I am really enjoying it. Aside from my ugly tree, I actually like the rest of my decorations this year. Since my surface area is extremely limited, most of my Christmas decorations are hung. I am not posting these pictures because I think my decorations are outstanding, simply for journaling purposes.

8 comments:

Dani said...

Well even if you hate the tree, the picture of it rocks...you win.

MadMadameMim said...

So sorry about the tree. I have had that happen (not with ornaments but with other coveted items at Costco) it is so sad. But I have to say just how much I love your other decorations. They are truly beautiful, don't worry about the tree. It will still be wonderful Christmas morning full of presents and happy children.

AOlson said...

You need to come and help me decorate!! I have no idea how to put things together like that. It looks great Lisa!!

P.S. I have seen uglier trees before.

Jess said...

I think your tree looks great. If it makes you feel any better...my tree is ugly, and it has decorations on it. It looks fine when we turn off all the lights and turn the tree on.

Heather said...

Wow, your house is gorgeous, and I like the tree too.

Alicia Leppert said...

I agree with Dani, the picture is awesome. Yeah, I hate Rachael and her perfect tree that looks like the trees in stores where you buy the ornaments off them. I comment on it every time I'm there. Question: Where are your ornaments from last year?
The Elf video is priceless. Aren't they so fun to make?

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh yeah, thanks for the shout out. I LOVED it. As much as my family. j/k

Jodi said...

Look how shiny your floor looks from the reflection of the lights. And I need to come look at your house...VERY CUTE!! Do you still have your decorations up?