Trenton comes up to me just now saying; "Mom, can I watch Build the Bobba?" Knowing he was saying it wrong he tries again, "I mean Build the Bobba?, wait what is it called again?" I tell him "Bob the Builder." "Yeah Build the Bobba. Oh, I just can't say that."
Tyson finds an object he sees as a telephone and carries on quite the conversation, unfortunately that object is....Easton's cup.
I picked Spencer up from preschool yesterday and he and Trenton were discussing who their Grandparents are. Trenton told Spencer who his Grandparents were and then asks him, "Who are your other Grandma and Grandpa?" Spencer replies, "Grandma Goude." Trenton keeps on, "No who are your other Grandma and Grandpa?" Spencer then says, "Well I call Grandma PJ my Grandma." (That's my Mom.) Trenton asks him one more time and Spencer finally says, "Wait, be quiet for a minute, let me say my name so I can remember my other Grandma." Very quietly he says to himself. "Spencer... Buchanan." Ding Ding Ding the lightbulb goes off and he says, "Grandpa Buchanan and Grandma Buchanan!" Good thinkin' Spence, good thinkin'.
Graycie is an animal when it comes to playing soccer. She is passionate and intense. I have never seen another child try harder than she does out on the field. It is crazy watching her play because you can litteraly see it in her face how hard she is trying to kick the ball, run, or play defense. I could try and try to explain the look on her face, but luckily with the help of my new handy dandy camera you can see for yourself. I couldn't be more proud.
Click on the pictures to see them larger...this way you can see her face and get the full effect.
Goal kick. Her coach usually has her do this because when she gets a good kick it goes clear to the other side of the field.
This was one of her "good" kicks.
She's quite the dominant player.
Kick off. Check out the wind up.
Pretty much an all around super star.
Easton is a good kid. Unfortunately he has been having some struggles showing that to some of the adults at his school. And by adults I mean everyone other than his teacher. He has a problem with authority and protests when he is told to do something. Usually that protest comes in the form of him telling the teacher, dutie or whoever, "You're not my boss, I don't have to listen to you." GASP! I know, I know... what the Jhonny is he thinking? That is what we keep asking ourselves. We have been working our butts off trying to figure out how to resolve this little issue we have been having. I am proud to say that he is doing better. His Vice Principal called me yesterday and told me, "I want to start this conversation positively, Easton has been doing SO much better at school, I am proud of the choices he has been making, and I know that he will continue on the right path." Thank you Mrs. Whitney. Usually our phone conversations went a little something like this. Phone rings. I check the caller ID. It says Pasco Public School District, CRINGE.
I answer-What now?
Mrs. Whitney-How are you?
Me-I don't know, you tell me.
Whitney-Well Easton blah blah blah. (going into detail the terrible things my child has done)
Me-Awesome.
Whitney-He will lose his afternoon recess this week and be on lunch clean up.
Me-Well don't wear him out too much, he has to have some energy to clean toilets when he gets home.
I am hoping those phone calls are long gone, but I know in my mind Easton will always have struggles with school. Whether it is with respect or getting his work done on time, this will be our lives until he graduates from highschool. He is such an amazing kid. His capabilities are unmeasurable. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if we can keep this kid on the right track, and confident, he will do amazing things. That alone makes the hard work worth it. He has been a joy at home, and I love being around him. I think that is the hardest thing about this whole situation. Having to discipline him for things he has done at school, when he doesn't act that way anywhere else. He wrote me a note yesterday that about made me curl up into the fetal position and cry. This is what he wrote.
To Mom
From Your loved one Easton
I love you so much you can't even imagine how much I love you. I'll always be your littil boy.
Yeah, that did it for me. Dude you are so not grounded from the Wii anymore. ;)
Doing his homework.
Amazing form.
How can you be mad at that?
Thursday, October 16, 2008
My kids and Spencer this week in a nutshell
Posted by Lisa at 9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
funny stuff, cute stuff, crazy stuff, classic stuff and oh yea, I just gagged. Love ya and thanks for featuring MY kid this week!
I'm still laughing about "build the bobba".
Look at Graycie go!! Intense is right! You have such cute kids (and nephew)! Trenton cracks me up. See you Friday! :)
So funny. Well except for Graycie's and Easton's. I laughed out loud at Build the Bobba, I can totally hear him saying that. And Tyson talking into Easton's cup...awesome. And little Spencer having to quietly say his name to himself to remember his g'parents names...classic.
Oh my goodness!! Somehow your blog got removed from my google reader and I had to hunt you down again. I was like, "where's Lisa??" I wish I would have gotten to McDonalds earlier to visit with you, I assumed you were going to the park too. Dangit! We'll just have to have another GNO soon. And I thought your comment to my Mother Nature post was hilarious! You always make me smile! ;) Now I'll have to go back and read your post.
Awwwww, that was so cute. I loved the "build the bobba." And so related with the cup as a phone, my kids have also been inventive with a cup. I'm just glad Bennett's not using it for a "mask" anymore. And way to go Graycie!! That's awesome! And hopefully you won't get anymore phone calls from PSD regarding Easton. I hate it too when I see them on my caller ID. It's always a guessing game on who they're calling about. Good luck with that.
Post a Comment