Wednesday, September 3, 2008

UGH!!!

I find it so incredibly frustrating being SOOOOO tired, but not being able to sleep...what's up with that? In the summertime I have absolutely no problem sleeping from the time I hit my pillow 'til the time my bloomin' kids decide they need something to eat. I sleep like a baby...LIKE A BABY! Now school starts and I can't sleep. EGAD!!! I was woken up at 3:45 AM by my daughter who was "scared." "Go back to sleep, there is nothing to be scared of." I tell her. She cries and says, "But Mom, I'm scared." "Think of happy things...and go. to. sleep." My patience wearing thin. "I can't." She says. "Do you want the dogs to sleep in your room?" "Yes." "Okay, now go to sleep...Love you." "Love you, too." Crisis averted.

Now I'm left laying in bed wide awake. Tossing and turning, I try to find a comfortable position. I close my eyes and.....nothing!!! Ahhh, the frustration. And to make it worse, my husband is not so "sound" asleep right next to me. Snoring away in a blissful sleep. Let's see, a swift jab to the back oughtta take care of that. JAB. No such luck. How bout a kick to the knee cap? No? I guess I'll have to smack ya in the forehead. Yep, that did it. Now I know your thinking, geez, how mean. But in my defense...I'M TIRED!!! Being tired can make you do some crazy things. And there's nothing worse than trying to go to sleep when someone is laying there next to you snoring.

A few hours pass and what do you know I'm still awake and it's time for Steve to get up for work. "Joy." I give him credit, because he tries to be quiet...but seriously, how many times do you need to come in and out of the room?!!! I kid you not, he comes in and out of our bedroom at least ten to twenty times a morning. Looking for a belt, or keys, or whatever but seriously get out of the bloody room already.

I don't know what my problem is because during the summer, I can sleep through all of it. But the moment school is in session, I. can't. sleep. Go figure, now when I really need sleep...I can't.

Signed,
Restless in Fall

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa... I hate it when you wake up in the night and can't go to sleep. The other day i woke up at around 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. So i turned on Monk and watched 2 episodes. I'm on a Monk-kick right now. It's my favorite show!!! Well, good luck sleeping tonight!

Heather said...

Insomnia. is the worst! Good luck

Alicia Leppert said...

Moan...I can so relate. I really think it's a mental thing. In the summer we know we can sleep in if we have to, or take a nap later. But in fall we know we HAVE to get up and get the kids ready for school and our day will be so crazy there will be no time for a nap. (Although I always find a way to make time.) Seriously, there is nothing worse than not being able to sleep in the middle of the night and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH SNORING? Are we being punished in this life for something we did in our past lives to deserve such a heinous thing? Snoring = evil

Rachael said...

I just like to hear about you beating the crap out of my brother. Seiously, it made my day. I just forgot the 'r' in seriously, but I am gonna leave it cause it just sounds bedda.

tharker said...

So been and there, so done that and SO hate it!

I loathe snoring.

Ms. Kristen said...

The weekend is coming and tell your brain that you can sleep in on Sat. morning..or Sunday!!!!!!!! Good luck!

PRP said...

That is the worst. Did you read my recent post about the same thing? Yeah, it sucks.

Mommy Crafts said...

Start coming back to volleyball and maybe you will sleep better :)