Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dear TRENTON...





Dear Trenton, (a.k.a. Noodle, Mr. Noodle, Forshniggity, T, Trenny)

Man, I Love you!!!
You still seem like the baby to me. But already four years old, I can't hardly keep up. I can't even begin to tell you the countless compliments I get about you. From the day you were born up until now, they haven't slowed a bit. People look at you and tell me All the time, how freaking cute they think you are. Or how you could melt a heart by a simple smile. Heartbreaker. And for the people that know you tell me how they think you will be able to get away with anything just be giving a certain look. I have been told that you smile with your whole face, which is most definitely true...I think even your ears smile. Those big blue eyes are your ticket to anywhere. You do have a kind of mischievousness about you. Always thinking and always figuring out ways to be included or getting attention. Nine times out of ten you accomplish what you've set out to do. Effective. I love that you are finally finding your way. It's so fun to see you gaining confidence everyday in the things you do. You work hard at things and are easily motivated. Dad or I could get you to do anything if we start with, "I'll give you a dollar if..." It is so funny because now if we ask you to do anything you ask, "will you give me a dolla?" I usually answer with, "Sure, I'll give you a dolla if when I take you to Grandmas, you'll give me a dolla." You always say okay and then do what you've been asked. Motivated.

I can't believe how much you have grown this past year. You absolutely LOVE preschool! The beginning of the year was a different story though. It used to be quite the scene to drop you off. You would cry and scratch and call names. Oh, I so don't miss that. You have made a complete one-eighty. Now you are always asking me, "Do I have school today?" And if the answer is no, well you aren't too happy about that. Thank you, Mrs. Kristen. I have so much joy watching you go to school. I am impressed with how much you have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Determined. I hope that your love of school stays with you forever.

You are the kindest boy I know. You have a special love for babies and kids who are younger than you. Sweatheart. You always have to hug Sophie when she's around and give her a little rub on her head. Sometimes making Aunt Amy a little upset, considering she had just fixed her hair. When we go to Easton's baseball games, you can always be found running around with all the other little kids. You talk so sweet to your little cousins and always smile when you are around them. Sincere. You have a special bond with Graycie. As soon as she gets home from kindergarten you two are off playing like the best of friends. I love to see that. Loyal. You look up to Easton and are interested in the things that he's interested in. You collect Pokemon cards simply because your big brother does. Adorable. You and Tyson are like two little bear cubs. Wrestling and chasing each other all the live long day. Boy. It's pretty fun to watch you two interact. I pray that you will always be close with your siblings. Heaven knows you can't sleep without them.
You have such a soft side. You still love to be held and cuddled...I love that. I live for the moments when it is just you and I reading a book together. You get as close as you can and smile the whole time. You absolutely love getting your back rubbed. Every time we are around Grandma Lando, you crawl up onto her lap and ask, "Gwama, will you please scwatch my bayack?" Always more than willing Grandma draws picture after picture on your tiny little back. Cuddler. You love going to your Great Grandma and Grandpa Doni's house. Always giving kisses and hugs. And when it's time to leave, you ask to stay. I know they get the biggest kick out of that. You are lucky to be so close with your extended family. They all adore you!
I remember the day you were born like it was four years ago. The first thing Dad said was, "Lis, he's really big!" DUH, as if I couldn't tell! But boy was he right. At 9lbs. 9oz. You were the biggest by far of all your siblings. I will never forget looking at you for the first time and melting over the chubbiest cheeks I had ever seen. The chub didn't last for long though. You started out off the growth charts for weight, and then completely dropped off the other end. I worried for a while but now realize that you are just skinny...count your blessings. I love your little physique. You have always been fast and coordinated. You can climb anything. Dad and I are excited now that you are finally expressing interest in playing sports. For the longest time we would ask you if you wanted to play soccer or baseball, you would always tell us no. Recently you told us that you want to play soccer and we can't wait for your season to start.

I am so proud of the boy that you are. I'm always amused that you don't ask me questions all the time like the typical kid does. Instead you make a statement and end it with, "wight MaMa?" This makes my job this much easier since all I have to do is say, "Right Trenton." You are so confident in the things that you do. Admirable. You have a certain sparkle about you that is so infectious. You make Dad and I laugh all the time. I have been so blessed that you are the person you are. You care about others and have a naturally open heart. The world is a better place with you in it. I know that sounds corny but I believe that with all of my heart. You are a funny little dude, Trenton James, and I'm glad that your mine!!!

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

MaMa

3 comments:

Ms. Kristen said...

OHHHHHHH! I loved that! I have to agree 100%! He is a cute dude, who can melt your heart with his smile! Love that kid! Not as much as you.....but close!

Unknown said...

What can i say about Trenton!?! He is just about the cutest little thing since kittens! Okay... he's cuter! I love his voice and he always cracks me up with that little grin he always gives me. That and always wanting to go through my purse. I'm afraid he's started Tyson off at an early age of getting into purses. I love that when i leave something at your house he is always right there to give it to me when i return. I love that he plays with me, sits with me, and chooses to hide with me when we play hide-n-go seek in the house! I just love him to death!!!

Alicia Leppert said...

Another great post. He really is the cutest. Those eyes, those cheeks...what a doll!