Graycie- Probably 3 or 4, drawing a picture...as she most often does. Comes to show it to me...as she most often does, when I asked her what it was this was here reply (no editing, whatsoever.) "This is a single-carcus-ply." Yes, I'm sure your reaction is quite similar to mine. "What's a single-carcus-ply?" She then tells me, "A kloppy." I thought it best to let it go right then and there, seeing as this could possibly go on for an eternity.
Tyson- Upon feeding our dogs, the excitement is best demonstrated through what I call "bounding." This is where our black lab, Jett, proceeds to leap into the air off of all fours. The air he catches is beyond impressive...Bella, our yellow lab however, not so much. She must think this is the way to receive food around here, because she looks at Jett and then jumps and stands on her hind legs. Recently during feeding time, Tyson likes to hang out with his buddies, well, uh...okay maybe he is just out there to steal bites of their food, but whatever. So the other night we had not two of them waiting and "bounding" in anticipation of their food, we had three. Yep, you guessed it, Tyson right along side Jett and Bella jumping away just waiting for food.
Trenton- I asked him to play with my hair the other day and he told me "No." When I asked him "Why not?" He told me, "Cause, is notta toy." Seriously, how could I argue with that? Also, whenever you tell him to stop doing whatever it is that he shouldn't be doing, his latest and greatest reply is, "it's MY cho-ice." Choice and most other one syllable words are most often made into two by Trenton. So when he came and told me that Easton had kicked him, I told him, "Well, that's his cho-ice." He then tells me, "Well, it's the wrong cho-ice." What a hoot this one.
Easton- Lately he has been reluctant whenever we ask him to help clean up. His time is spent more on avoiding doing anything than actually doing something...much like his father, I am told. So when we asked him to pick up the toys in the front room he tells us, "I'm not a slave, this is a free country, you know?" Uh, yeah I know it's a free country, but you, my child, are anything but free. ;)
Steven- Saturday after driving home from Graycies soccer game we were at a stoplight behind a car, and Steve asks, "Whats a Ren-dee-vee-us?" I say, "um, a ron-day-voo (rendezvous)?" Both of us laughing hysterically Steve says, "oh, is that how you spell that?....don't tell anyone." Sorry honey.
Me- In all fairness I had to add one of my shining moments amongst the rest. Oregon Coast vacation a few years back. The whole fam was at a resteraunt and most everyone was ordering "fish and chips." When the waitor got to me I said, "I'll have fish and chips too, but I want fries with mine." Yeah, I've never lived that one down.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Shining Moments
Posted by Lisa at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I think you should put a video clip of Trenton sayin 'choice', the written word cannot capture how entertaining it truly is. And Easton, well, he has an aunt that is prepared to teach him some more come-backs, just send him my way. Tyson was of course jumping, the kid never sits still, Graycie was of course coloring and making up words, that is so her, Steve? Seriously! When will he ever out grow his word issues? I hope never, it always cracks me up. And last but not least, YOU, we are so the same!! Loved your post, it's about time, i was sick of looking at Sophie when I clicked on your page
I'm not sure if thats better than "depsoit" or not. Tough call. I am also happy to see a new post. Yea for Lisa!
HI THERE! I am so happy to see your new blog. Am I the only one who doesn't get worried about having a blog on the internet? My other friend won't even put her kids' names in the blog or say where they live. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, but am I being naive to not even blink an eye about it? We still have snow and it's really lame. It is warming up though, so that's good.
Lisa,
I just saw your comment on Alicia's post and I had to come over and say hi!
These shining moments were all hilarious, but I have to say my favorites were your's and Steve's. SO funny!
Lisa, I got so excited when I saw your comment on my blog and then it occurred to me, "Oh, Amy and Rachael must have passed on the secret to people finding YOUR blog." Oh well, I'll just choose to believe you just really wanted to comment on my blog. I am so excited that you have one now! Because I really did need one more blog to read. (I laughed so hard at Graycie's made up words. LOVE IT.)
This is hilarious. you guys are soooooo funny.
Seriously, Lisa, you guys are hilarious.
Hey, we missed you at volleyball last night. What's up with that???
what a great fun post, and I love your new blog! Come visit me, I would love to hear from you!
-Tiff btdoniganfamily.blogspot.com
Lisa- you have a blog? I'm so excited. I can't wait to hear a little of your world. (this is Kristin. . .the one who picks up your kids every morning)
Hey Lisa. Found your blog on Alicia's post. I feel like I should know you because we know alot of the same people/have friends in common.
Anyways, I enjoyed reading about your "shining momemnts". My favorites were yours and Steve's as well because it is totally something my husband and I would do.
yay! welcome to the blogging world! I reading what you have to say! You are too funny :)
Post a Comment