I started off this morning pretty much in a grumpy mood...I hate to admit, but this is pretty much how I start most of my mornings. I don't know if it is because of the simple fact that I have to drag my bootylicious butt out of bed, or because I have told Easton for the twenty sixth time to put his blasted shoes on. Maybe it's because when I am occupied in the bathroom fixing Graycie's hair, I come out to find that Tyson has climbed out of his highchair, onto the counter (AGAIN!!!) made a mess of the left over breakfast and ruined a house plant that I have miraculously kept alive for over four years now. I was pretty upset about the loss of my plant. Although I guess on the bright side, it's just one less thing I have to take care of.
So I finally get Easton and Graycie out of the house and am left here with Trenton, Tyson, and the aftermath of hurricane TyTy. This does absolutely nothing for my already "chipper" mood. I look around, take a deep breathe, and do...nothing. Too overwhelmed. I just don't feel like cleaning the kitchen, making beds, vacuuming whatever...I wanted nothing to do with any of it.
Instead I decide to blast some music and dance with my kids. Responsible, I know. Trenton grabbed a bag of potato chips and we all danced around shoving our faces with greasy pieces of goodness. As we were all rocking out, the kids were smiling and laughing like this was as good as it gets. I couldn't help but think, what the johnny was I so grumpy about...this IS as good as it gets. It was like I got hit smack dab in the middle of my forehead with the realization that my mood is what I make of it. I know you all are thinking..."DUH RALPH!" but seriously I can't believe how I went from Debbie Downer to Tracy Turnblad during the course of one smashing song. I can't believe that I have been so stupid...the cure to a crappy mood is; make your kids laugh. There is nothing like it, and I fear the day when I can't make my kids laugh just by making a silly face, or tickling them. I guess as they get older I always have "trying to be hip" that always seems to get a laugh. But for now, it will be my goal to make all of my children laugh on a daily basis. It is a privilege that I have four healthy amazing children and there is nothing in the world that I love more than to hear them laugh.
I can pretty much guarantee that tomorrow we will start this vicious cycle all over again, but for now...I'm happy.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Laughter IS the best medicine...for reals
Posted by Lisa at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I can't tell you how many times I have felt the same exact way Lisa! I find that if I am in a bad mood then everyone is and I don't even know what put me in a bad mood except for maybe having to get out of bed.
P.S. Glad I founf your blog, hope you don't mind that I STALKED by!!
This comment totally made my day! It just makes me love kids even more! Especially yours...
You have the cutest, funnest kids. I can totally picture your bootylicious booty rocking out with your kids eating greasy goodness. I can't wait to come hang out again and join the dance party. (I'll bring the chips.)
you are a really good writer. Your hilarious, creative, and adorable! I love how you put such a mom moment is such a great way. I love that you just rocked out with your kids instead of diving into the work. The work will always be there, the kids will only be young once!
This is so true! I'm sure it has been solidified in your kids' minds that you ARE the coolest mom ever!!
You write exactly how you talk which is hilarious! This was so funny to read. Sounds like a great moment for everyone! I'll have to do this more often.
I love that you have to tell Easton to put his shoes on 26 times. We are always saying brush your teeth...grab your bag...sit down and eat.... Some mornings I wonder if I say anything positive before they leave for school, or do they just remember my nagging voice all day long? So sad. At least they always get a hug, kiss and an "I love you".
I love that you danced with your kids. Your such a fun Mom!! Music can always change my mood!!
Lisa - I need your email address for some future plans this week!
email me at meohmyers@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Kim
Post a Comment