this past weekend we (steve, easton, tyson, and i) went to puyallup for a krush hitting camp. i'd like to give a shout out to each member of steve's family who each had a landoni representative at their house. don and karen had trenton, amy had graycie, and rachael had jett and bella. thank you guys!!! the camp was held at the northwest diamond sports which was pretty freakin rad. we stayed in a tiny little hotel room, which was not rad, not rad at all. it was the only room they had left so that's where we stayed. easton and tyson slept on the floor, though i don't think it would have made much difference where we slept...the bed was just as hard (that's what she said). since the room was only equipped for two people there were only two towels. it was a pretty easy fix though, we just skipped on hygiene that weekend for the boys and then steve and i had one towel each.
day two, my towel was hanging nicely on a rack, and steve's was wadded in a corner (big surprise there.) so that night i kindly asked him, since he would be showering before me, to please not use my towel. he tried to tell me that his was the one hanging up. bwahahahahha*snort*hahahahahahaha*sigh*...i never laughed so hard. so i repeated "do NOT use my towel." judging by the smirk on his face, i knew he had every intention of using my towel, leaving me with the nasty wet one in the corner. i could not allow such an event to take place. so i waited 'til he fell asleep, took my towel, and stuffed it in the pillowcase that i was sleeping on. no way would he be the one with the fresh towel in the morning. that's what you get for NEVER hanging up your towels....i knew this day would come...i just knew it.
i love when tyson says a prayer and is constantly LOOKING for things to pray about. he said the dinner prayer tonight and it went a little something like this, "...and please bless that twenton will not eat his food while we saying the pear...and please bless that gaycie will not laugh while we sayin the pear...and please bless that mom will close her eyes while we sayin the pear..."
i did a cartwheel in my front room on tuesday. the kids were all at school, and i got to wondering, "hmmm, i wonder if i can still do a cartwheel???" and the answer is yes, yes i can.
i've always know that i would not be a person that could ever diet, or cut back on what i eat...it's just too hard. i recently proved this point to myself when my mom took me to bob's burgers (which is fantastic) and i asked her "what's healthier, french fries or onion rings???" she just laughed at me.
my grandma springman turned 91 on monday. i can not even describe how much i love this woman. my favorite thing to do with her is play cards. her famous line, "she always has aces." said in her most adorable voice. i love her hands. they tell a story. so whenever we play cards, i am fascinated to watch her little hands. they are tiny, but you can see that they are full of hard work and love. i just think she's the cutest thing ever.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
the one with the towel
Posted by Lisa at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Lisa you freakin rock. I love you man and I love reading your posts!
Adds is sitting on my lap right now, and she was so excited when she saw your picture. I love the towel story. He so woulda used it to! Hater.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall of your empty house as you flung yourself through your living room.
Your gramma is the "I just want to squeeze her, but I would probably break her kind" The pics you took of her hands are awesome and something to be cherished. Good eye my friend...
I'm just so tickled you and Amy posted again...keep it up mate...
Uh, yea. Your whole post was good but I've just been commenting soooo much lately that I just don't have anything left in me for you. Sorry mate! (said in that weird half australian accent). Maybe tomorrow I'll feel refreshed enough to come back. And you can't repost this in my comments because you already used it on the phone! HA!
I love your grandma too...just watching her this summer at chuck e cheese was fun. It was fun too because I was sitting with my mom as we both commented on how good your grandma got around. It's awesome to know that we can be adorable as babies and little girls, and then if we are lucky enough to live long enough we get to be wrinkly again and be that adorable little old lady:) Holly Dunn sang a song called Daddy's Hands that we lovingly sang for my dad and continue to honor him to this day with it....I wish someone would write a song about mama's hands...maybe there is and I don't know about it...but it's amazing how our hands make a statement. I held my mom's hands more in those last few months of her life than in my whole life put together I suppose. In the end...her hands were the one thing that still looked like her. They didn't change and for that I am so so thankful. Good work Leese...beautiful memories.
Post a Comment