I wasn't really planning on doing a Christmas post, but if I ever actually get my blog published (which was the main reason for me blogging in the first place) then I would probably regret not doing it. So here in as few words and pictures as possible....our Christmas festivities.
On the 21rst we went to Don and Karen's and spent time with the Great Grandma's of the family. We had chili and Grandma Landoni's spaghetti (you haven't had spaghetti until you've had Grandma Landoni's spaghetti...nothing on earth like it!) The kids all got to open a present. It was a great way to kick of the week!!!
Christmas eve we spent with my family. My mom just got a new house...and it was finished in time for her to have the celebration there. (Phew, dodged a bullet with that one.) Her house is beautiful and perfect for large get-togethers. The food was delish, the kids especially loved the hot-dogs.;) It was great to have them back this year. Last year they were away on their mission...and it just wasn't the same. So, here's to more get-togethers at your house Mom!!!
Christmas morning my kids were up at 3:45, I REPEAT 3:45!!! I told them that everything would go back if they did not GET BACK TO BED! So they tried again at about 7:45...that I can handle. The kids took turns opening presents and this year they had a name draw (a tradition that has been in my family for as long as I can remember.) It is a fun way to teach them to think of their siblings. This seemed to be especially challenging when shopping with Easton. He had Graycie's name and I suggested that he get her Martian Matter (something that they both had wanted.) He drug his feet about it for a while, but I finally convinced him that it would make him feel so good to give her something that she really wanted. What a good sport, ey? Don and Karen came over as they finished up opening presents. All in all it was a smooth, relaxing, enjoyable day.
The day after Christmas is usually spent with Steve's parents. This year it was the day after that. Our Christmas lasts for almost a full week. I absolutely love it this way. You get to savor the season. Karen once again went all out and the kids couldn't have been more excited. When it is time to open presents, Karen shoots off her gun and shouts, "GO!!!"...seriously. Okay, okay she doesn't shoot a gun, but she does shout, GO! And they're off! I wish I had a video, not only to capture the sheer excitement of it, but the sound...oh, the sound. I have never heard paper tearing so loud in my life. It was a blast and the kids literally played with their stuff for the rest of the day.
This Christmas was splendidly wonderful. I absolutely love everything about the season and hope to pass that love and excitement on to my kids. I remember so vividly the excitement of Christmas Eve and not being able to sleep as a kid. Now, that excitement I feel has shifted from me...to my kids. The excitement is the same, but I enjoy it more now as it is not focused on me. I will always be a big kid when it comes to Christmas...well, I suppose that is true for most things. ;)
DISCLAIMER: There was no way to possibly capture the amount of food, gifts and fun had by all in words or pictures. I realize I left out several details and that there were a lot of people that weren't photographed. My apologies, oh and also...bite me.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Christmas re-cap
Posted by Lisa at 8:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You're so cute Lisa! I love all of your posts - and your disclaimer. You're hilarious!! Great pictures too, even if I'm not in any of them. ;) And I love the "ballsy" comment on my blog. Made me laugh out loud!!
Christmas was great, but I am glad it is over. I need to do a Christmas post too, but I just can't bring myself to do it...And I need to get a copy of the pic with Colt and Grandma Landoni
Lisa, you and your blog rock radiate hotness.
Long time reader, first time commentor...ahhhh that's a lie, I've left a comment on here before this one!
How crazy is it to go from the kid to the parent on Christmas? Really, tell me, I wouldn't know yet! ;-)
I love the blog and hearing, along with the supplemental pictures, about what's going on in the Landoni's life!
Miss you much and I'm so happy that you're so happy!
XOXO
Post a Comment