Thursday, August 14, 2008

Love you, Gramps

Grandpa, I miss you
though I know you're not gone
for now in our hearts,
you'll always live on.
I'll always remember
the life that you led,
your amazing laid-backness
the things that you said.
One of the best examples
I've had in my life,
is the way that you treated
your sweetheart, your wife.
I was always impressed
and so happy to see
that while around all of us
a big kid you would be.
You never ran out
of funny jokes to tell
a most permanent smile
we love and know so well.
Fishing and golfing,
a few things you love
I know you're still playing
just now, up above.
Thank you for treating me
like one of your own,
a more loving Grandpa
I've never known.
Always willing
to help where you could
with you in our lives
everything is, "REAL GOOD."



4 comments:

Jodi said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Ms. Kristen said...

Oh! That was so well done! It got me!

DeAnne said...

Hey lisa! Man, I sure hope we are moving down there. Believe it or not, we are still in the "hiring process". Actually, Justin has a "background" interview on Wednesday. If he makes it through that, then it's onto some more stuff. Wish us luck! I really hope we get it...BAD! i hope you are doing well. I love your poems, they are so special :) love, d

Alicia Leppert said...

What a great poem, Lisa, I know he just loved it!