Dear Graycie, (aka Birdie,Gray Gray, Wompers, Neenie)
DAUGHTER
I am certain the Lord knew what He was doing when He sent me you. He knew I wouldn't have been able to handle a "girlie-girl" which is exactly why we are such match. You definitely have your "girly" side...which is nice. You LOVE make-up and getting your nails painted. You love helping with ANYTHING in the kitchen...cooking, baking, and even cleaning. But if you had the choice between something pink or something blue, you choose blue, everytime. You are the most UNIQUE little girl I have ever known. You are compassionate with every thread of your being. You care about others and love helping wherever you can. Before I had any kids for some reason I was sure that I would have all boys. I don't know why I thought this, I just always did. So after having Easton I thought, "here we go," Then when I was pregnant with you and found out you were a girl, I was not only shocked beyond belief, but relieved that I wouldn't be the ONLY female in the house for the rest of my existence. PHEW!!! I am SO thankful that I have a daughter, and even MORE thankful that that daughter is YOU!!!
ANIMAL AND BABY LOVER
Pretty much from the moment you were walking if there was an animal around, you were never far away. I remember going to Aunt Jay's house and taking you and Easton over to see the horses. You were just barely walking and I figured I would carry you over to get a closer look. Fat chance, you wanted down, marched right over to the ginormous animals and started petting them. I was amazed. You weren't intimidated at all. The first time Easton saw the horses he wouldn't let me put him down, let alone touch them. For the longest time, we called you Lenny, because not only did you love animals and babies, you almost loved them too much. You were stronger than I think you were aware of, so sometimes a simple little hug, became the choke hold of death. There was another time when Aunt Amy and Uncle Jason brought back some little frogs from a camping trip and gave you a couple of them...thanks guys. Some may wonder if you can die from being loved too much...and the answer is yes, yes you can. You have definitely mellowed since then (lucky Carson) and it has been so fun to watch you with your little cousins, they adore you. You still have the love for animals you always did. Your favorite animal right now is Free Willy...that's what you call killer whales.
ARTIST
I don't think I can remember a day that has passed by without you coloring, writing, drawing, or making a craft of some sort. You amaze me with your creativity! I love to watch you making things, but I love it even more when you tell me ALL about it. You are very generous with your art. Whenever you make something you tell me, "I made this for Colton, or Grandma, or whoever.." but it is always for someone. Your creations are always most definitely one of a kind. Your favorite place to find things to craft with is the junk drawer. They weren't lying when they said, "One man's junk is another man's treasure." I also appreciate that you have been very understanding when I explain to you that we can't keep EVERYTHING. I love to watch you learn, because you are so proud of yourself when you've learned something new. You learned how to spell B-A-T-H recently and I never thought I could see that word written in more places...your toy kitchen, the backyard fence, random toys, etc. Although your artwork doesn't always stay were it should, I try to be as supportive as I can, knowing one day, when you become famous for your artwork, I can proudly say..."I never once stifled her creativity."
ATHLETE
You are the roughest and toughest little girl there is. Having three brothers suits you well. It was probably best you didn't have a sister, because if she was girlie or prissy at all, she would have been beaten up on a daily basis...and not by her brothers. You are so competitive...in a good way. You love to work hard and improve upon your skills. You are determined and have a passion for sports that is well beyond your years. It is unbelievable to watch you in a soccer game just laying your heart out there on that field. No one will ever be able to say that you didn't try your hardest. Because practice, game, or even just playing, that is exactly what you do...EVERY TIME. Soccer is your favorite sport right now. Although, I am sure as you become introduced to different sports you will love them all. You played basketball this past winter and even though I had to drag you kicking and screaming, once you realized that you were capable, there was no turning back. You are definitely reserved when it comes to new experiences, but once you try something, you can't get enough. Your work ethic is beyond impressive, not only with sports but doing chores as well. Grandma Lando was so impressed with how much you helped her out in the yard. You could put grown men to shame. I am always proud to say, "that's MY daughter out there."
FRIEND
So thoughtful you are. I love that you care so much about other people. It makes me feel SO good knowing I've at least did something right. I know this because all of my children are SO caring and giving. Children LOVE you, Graycie. I don't think you will ever have a problem making friends. It was so fun picking you up from kindergarten and seeing all of the friends you had made, quite a few boys I might add. You are a very no nonsense, no drama type of girl...which is very rare. Let's just hope it lasts through your teen years. You are an AMAZING friend and I pray that you and I will share a friendship throughout our lives that we can always fall back on. You have no idea how much I need you in this house full of stinky boys. I love that not only can we paint our nails together but we can go out and shoot some hoops. You are most definitely my perfect daughter. You are SO beautiful and I love you SO SO SO much. Happy birthday, my 6 year old girl!!!
LOVE,
MOM
MOM





5 comments:
That was so sweet... Gracie is a lucky girl to have such a great momma!
P.S. what's your wii number? ha ha
I love these letters you write to your kids. They'll love these, too, when they get older!
What a cute girl Graycie is! Hope she had a great birthday!
(Please tell me we didn't miss out on something. Ally would be so mad at me!)
Another great tribute. I just love Graycie. She is the truest Tomboy I have ever known, and the sweetest girl who always has that little smile on her face.
She needs to be tough to be around those three boys!
Happy Birthday to Gracie! Cute name, Cute Girl!
Post a Comment