Saturday, May 31, 2008

Just Trenton this week in a nutshell


Trenton is a funny kid, and for those of you who know him....can totally agree. He says funny things ALL the time, but it's not just what he says, it's how he says them.

Ex: A while back Steve and I had finished putting the kids to bed and were ready for some much needed down time. This is usually done by popping some microwave popcorn and watching our shows...exciting, I know. So we're eating popcorn and watching our show (Smallville, don't judge) and out comes little Trenton. This is what he says,

"What's that may-ell (smell)?" Once he saw what that may-ell was he then says, "I want some pop-a-coe-in (popcorn)" I only wish we had that on video because Steve and I laughed so hard. It's just so freaking cute. So of course the little package gets a handful of popcorn and sent back to bed.

Ex: Steve and I were folding some laundry on our bed the other day and little Trenton ALWAYS has to be right in the middle of it. Anyone with small children can back me up when I say that you don't want your kids anywhere near your already folded piles of laundry. So the mean Mom that I am would not allow Trent on our bed and I told him, "Trenton, you can't be on our bed because you cannot control yourself." So Steve and I had both left the room for some reason, probably to make-out or whatever, and come back to Trenton perched on our bed in the middle of all the laundry. I go to take him off and he says with his arms raised like he was under arrest, "I twolling myself, I twolling myself!"

Ex: My kids have come to find this statement to be true; Grandma Lando always has gum in her purse. Knowing this Trenton was asking Grandma for some gum in her purse. Well Trenton can't really say his R's so I'll leave it to you to figure out how he says purse. So Grandma was trying to get Trenton to say puRRRse. She would say it and then he would well try to say it. She tried about three or four times to help him say the word purse correctly when Trenton finally gave up and said, "My body dis can't do dat."

Ex: Easton and Trenton were having a conversation about superheros and Easton tells Trenton, "you don't know anything about super-hero's." Trenton says, "Uh-huh!" Easton says, "Well then what is Superman's weakness?" Trenton tells him in his most confident and "so there!" voice..."Bee-stings." Booyah!

I know I usually do "My kids this week in a nutshell" but let's face it, Trenton is the funniest one. ;)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to squeeze him! I am so gonna miss you guys while you are gone!

MadMadameMim said...

That is so funny. It's too bad we don't like close anymore. Trenton and my crazy second one would so get along.

Rachael said...

He is by far the funniest! Dang it! I am gonna have to tell Colton to step it up!

DeAnne said...

what a hilarious little guy!

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my gosh, he is hilarious. I could read this stuff forever!

PRP said...

I LOVE it when they're still not speaking correctly...it provides for the most entertaining stuff! And is it sad that I'm always bummed when they do start making all their sounds the right way???

He's adorable.

Amy said...

Ya gotta love my noodle....he definetly has his own language...he'd be perfect if they made another remake of Little Rascals...:)


everywhere I try to post tonite Amy is my identity...that blogger responder stealer! Let's get even with her ok?